Sunday, May 26, 2013

Videos You Need To See

Damn, is the title clear enough for you? Laughingoutloud, here's something I'll be doing every week, bringing you videos you definitely need to see to stay in tune with the Chicago hip hop scene, and the independent scene in general. No specific order or rankings, just good hip hop music. To submit your videos for the weekly feature, send a video and epk/bio to cfraz1love@gmail.com! With that, here's our selections this week:


J-Chicago feat. L.A. - Boss Like That



At a million+ views, if you ain't up on homie you are without doubt fast asleep! I fucks with this one hard, shoutout to Money Coach for putting me on to this one. More with J-Chi coming soon here at 1StopHipHop.

Phenom - Shootouts




Bars, an ill sample from It Was Written, and Clint Eastwood; what's not to like? Got that nod factor that the turn up fans don't know they're missing, unfiltered hip hop the way I need it. Y'all really need to get in tune with my man, shoutout to APJFILMS for dope visuals.

7Pm feat. LSB - On My BusINess




The #Society in full effect on this one, Englewood stand up! My RockdaBells fam already know M3 is one of my favs in the whole game, and shouts out to JSpealz and Rudy Vision for making an 'on the block' video compelling (no easy task!). If you not, get in tune with 7Pm, who recently got picked up for a major tour and got plenty more coming from M3INT, who I call the WuTang Clan of Chicago - if you've seen them live like I have, you know they deep as fuck, all spittaz! The insiders know why that word is in italics, ya heard!

UWOP - Venting




Every now and again, you gotta tell muthafuckas the truth! My man UWOP did just that, on some real fuck yo feelings type shit right here. This piece doing some numbers on the 'book too, the buzz is definitely building. I don't know, maybe Madd Corr will happen after all, though.......

GLC feat. JNan x Really Doe - Everything




So, um, I ain't gotta say a whole lot about this one, right? I mean, this that real Chicago shit right here. (Imagine if Kanye wasn't, ahem, international. You'd be surprised how many Chicago niggas don't fuck with Chicago because they left and now we TOO Chicago for 'em. ----  Moving on.) So yeah, we got the big homie GLC, Really Doe, and JNan doing what we do, on that soulful shit, I think it's time you roll that shit up and enjoy the #Ism's!


Bo Deal - Skeletons In My Closet





To bring it on home for this week, let's head out west and holla at Bo Deal. Best be quick about, that man working: the movie "I Am Chief" coming soon, video with Yo Gotti for "Top Of The World" just dropped, and Bo always rocking a show somewhere. Don't be surprised when you riding through the city and randomly hear, "SWEEPER!"

So that's my videos for this week, I hope you enjoyed the dope visuals and good music (no pun intended), and appreciate the diversity of hip hop coming out of Chicago. We ain't never been one-trick ponies, and you know we got the whole industry watching, so I say we need to do the damn thang and turn hip hop on it's head, true story! If you got videos you want to submit, again, hit me up on RockdaBells In ChiCity, where you'll always find the latest and greatest from Chicago and beyond, tweet me @cfraz1love, or just drop a comment on this post. Also, if you need visuals, make sure you hit up my brother @HardEarnCash for dope visuals, and of course my nigga Keyz got you on the beats. One Love Chi City!

No comments:

Post a Comment